Tuesday, September 21

Writing my paper

So today, I sat down to really work on getting my paper done and to a point that I was at least satisfied with enough so that I could turn it in. I get to my room, and my roommate had the lights off, the door open, and the tv on. I think, "hey, no big deal." So I open my laptop, and pull up the song lyrics I'm analyzing for my paper. I'm reading them and trying to remember exactly the way the song sounds in my head. I can't hear it in my head well enough, so I click on the play button on the website. Only to realize that when I try to listen, I can't hear it because of the tv and the noise from outside. So I get up and close the door thinking that would solve the problem. Turns out, that wasn't enough. So I pull out my headphones and plug them in to my laptop to listen to the song a few times. Once it's successfully stuck in my head, I pull out the headphones and open Word to start on my paper. I'm typing the first sentence when a dormmate knocks on the door, then opens it without me answering first. My roommate's fallen asleep by now, and so my dormmate decides that I'm good enough to talk to about whatever issue she was having. I half-listen politely, and then gently push her on her way. I push through the first paragraph of my paper, and realize that it took me half an hour to write the paragraph. Which is unusual for me. Then I realize that I'm so distracted by the tv that my paragrapgh doesn't even make sense. Fed up, I moved to the study lounge on my floor, and just like that, my paper was done an hour later.

No comments:

Post a Comment