Wednesday, July 27

It all comes down to love

Dear guy that keeps asking me if I wanna bang,
Yeah I wanna bang... your head against the wall.
Sincerely, I have standards.

What I meant to say was, sometimes I stare up at the sky and ask God to stop wasting my time and just kill me. But I figured you didn't want to hear that.

I don't flirt anymore. I notice other guys, sure, but I don't flirt with them. I don't feel the need or the desire to anymore. I have all the flirting I need with you. I love you, and that means I don't want to flirt with anyone else. So it hurts when I know you flirt with other girls. You love me, I know that. You wouldn't be here if you didn't. But I just don't understand your desire to flirt anymore.
*mine*

You have shoved your feelings aside for so long. I'm asking you to claim them.

Love has its limits. If love were enough, everything would be different.

If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn and send me away with the words of a love song.

A penny for my thoughts, no, I'll sell them for a dollar. They're worth so much more after I'm a goner. And maybe then you'll hear the words I've been saying. Funny, when you're dead how people start listening.

I've never been anything but tough. All my edges have always been rough.

Why can't I be that happily ever after person? Why can't I believe in that?

So you know what I mean when I say that I don't think anyone who falls in love has a choice? You're just pulled to that person like a true north, whether it's good for you or bound to break your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment