Sunday, May 8

Got no reason, got no shame

If someone can't stop doing things that you don't want them to, it only means that they love those things more than they love you.

You're not my type, but I think that's a good thing. My type doesn't seem to be working out for me.


If we fall in love because someone makes us laugh, what happens when we no longer find them funny? If we fall in love because someone is beautiful, what happens when that beauty fades? If we fall in love because someone can provide for us, what happens when they lose their wealth? Love defies all reasons. When you truly love someone, you can't find a reason. You just do.


Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things.

He lifted his outstretched palm and curled his fingers. "Her hand," he said, "It fit mine."


So there's this boy- we argue a lot. He makes fun of me because I can't stay on the same subject for more than five seconds. He handles me when I'm sad and handles me when I'm mad. I tell him I hate him, and he responds with, 'Well I guess I'll leave then.' Yeah, he's not prince charming, but to me he couldn't be more perfect.


The truth is, sometimes you scare the shit out of me. You make me feel as if I'm not alone. Yet, I know any minute you have the ability to rip that feeling away from me. The truth is, I love you, and that in itself is scary enough.

I'm not going anywhere. This is it for me. You're it for me. I can't pretend to feel any less than I do. I'm sorry, I just can't.


What did it feel like, I wondered, to love someone that much? So much that you couldn't even control yourself when they came close, as if you might just break free of whatever was holding you and throw yourself at them with enough force to easily overwhelm you both.


I had to admire it, that absolute kind of love that couldn't even wait a couple hours. I'd never felt that strongly about anyone. It was nice, this rushing need to say something to someone right this very second. Almost romantic, really. If you liked that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment