Saturday, January 21

I found it

"Promise me you'll do whatever you need to do to be happy." That was my last promise to you. Well, besides the dirty promise I made a couple nights ago. I thought that I would have to get over you. That I would eventually want to be without you. I do trust you less, but that's a whole different story. As I was browsing through blogs and thinking about life and love, I thought again about how I'm really only happy when I'm talking with you. But then I thought that most of the time I spend talking to you makes me feel sad as well. And then... Epiphany. To be happy, all I need to do is remember that you love me. That you do want to be with me; you just can't. It's a terrible excuse but it's true all the same. I simply need to do the one thing I've been having trouble doing lately. Have faith. You love me. You'll come back to me. 'Worst case scenario' as it always is with you.
*mine*



So we've only known each other for a couple of years, but I feel I've known you my whole life. I've seen you grow. I've watched you change from the guy who couldn't make up his mind, who's feelings changed more than I knew was possible, to the guy you are now. You're responsible, devoted, loyal, considerate, and loving. Everything I knew you were, and know you always will be. I've seen everything, your anger, your battles, your struggles, and your fears. I know you by heart. I know you values, I know your story, and I know your secrets. That doesn't go away. I'm never going to forget you or anything about you. We've said it before, and I'll say it again. We were meant to be something more than this. I still believe that with all of my heart. I am still in this. I said I was in for the long haul, and I am still striving everyday for our time. I'm not going down without a fight. I won't give up easy. These feelings are stronger than anything that could try to bring us down.


To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions.

Good relationships don't just happen. They take time, patience, and two people who truly want to be together.

You have to be willing to be happy about nothing.

Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly but I'll miss your arms around me.


There's a place in me where a part of you will always be a part of me.

Happiness is a mood and a condition; it's not a destination. It's like being tired or hungry; it's not permanent, it comes and goes, and that's okay. And I feel like if people thought of it that way, they'd find happiness a lot more often.


Here's the important part: I believe in you. I love you. Just as much as I did 6 months ago and so much more than when I first met you. I'm not going to sit around and wait for you to call or text anymore. I'm going to prove you can trust me. Trust me to give you space. Trust me to be able to calmly speak my mind. And trust that if I mess up, I'll realize it and apologize as well as fix the mistake. Because I trust you to come back to me.
*mine*

No comments:

Post a Comment