Sunday, June 12

We're going down and you can feel it, too

A wise girl leaves before she is left.

He grabbed my hand and half of me wanted to scream not to touch me. And half of me wanted to beg him to never let go.

If you ever do me wrong - and I mean, really wrong, here's what you can expect. I won't dump you, but I'll be mad as hell. So if I still want to be with you, I will, but I'll make you work for me. I won't be your doormat. I won't let you in the first time you knock on my door. You'll have to come back every day until I trust you enough. If you don't come back after a couple of tries, I'll let you go. It'll hurt like hell, but I'll do it. If you come back every day, then you're worth it. You're really worth it.
*mine*

Just so you know, the only thing I really want is to hear you laugh again. You know, hear you sing off-key. Watch you roll your eyes at me when I steal french fries off of your plate. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm crazy for you.

I believe that for the most part, love is about choices. It's about putting down the poison and the dagger and making your own happy ending... Most of the time. And sometimes, despite all your best intentions, fate wins anyway.

'The only trick is never giving more than you were willing to lose.' That had always been my motto. I never gave my all to anyone after my first love crashed and burned. I was scared, tired, and proud. I was honest always but hid myself from everyone at the same time. My honesty was my shield. The walls were high, but you... You broke through. The first conversation with you changed me. You were different. You acted high and mighty, just like me. But you were so hard on yourself. You had such low self-esteem and it was obvious to me. I wanted to know you, I wanted to love you. You are my all.
*mine*

Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ass. And when the dam bursts, all you can do is swim. The world of pretend is a cage, not a cocoon. We can only lie to ourselves for so long. We are tired, we are scared, and denying it doesn't change the truth. Sooner or later we have to put aside our denial and face the world, head on, guns blazing. Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt. It's a freaking ocean. So how do we keep from drowning?

All we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it's usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we've chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, it can be exactly what you need.

We fight mainly for one reason. Cause when you fight, you truly find out how much you're willing to take before you break and when you break, you need to see if that other person truly cares enough to make everything okay again. Cause without fighting, the liars of love could be walking all over the place.


Bottom line, the two people that are truly right for each other wade through the same crap as everyone else, but the big difference is that they don't let it take them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment