Tuesday, January 18

So, originally this blog was for my english class, and it was interesting. I'm realizing that I look at and save a bunch of quotes that I find, and I often use them as facebook statuses, haha. But then I end up posting a new status every hour or so, and I figure that's kind of obsessive and annoying. So I needed an outlet. And then I remembered that I have a blog set up, and no reason to continue to update about the same things I used to. At least, not for the same purpose. So I changed the name of the blog because it means even more to me now than it did before. It's not just an english blog anymore. In fact, it's not an english blog at all. It's my outlet. : )

So I hope some of these quotes and occasional pictures cheer you up, encourage you, or help you realize you're not alone in what you're going through because that's what they've done for me. I'd love to be able to pass that on to someone else because it's a lovely feeling.

“What do you really want?" I asked him impatiently. 

"You, I want you," he replied. 
I wasn't buying it. I turned to walk away, when he stopped me. 
"I want that part of you that gets excited when you hear the ice cream truck; the part that cries when old people die in movies. I want the part that cares about much more than what she wears. I want the part where she can totally be herself. I want the part that when I look at her, I only see her. The part where she could never give up a stuffed animal, cause she’ll feel bad for it. I want the part where she wants me, too. That’s what I really want.”

You will probably forget half the things I will always remember.

Sometimes you just feel empty, lonely, and insignificant. And it doesn’t matter what you do, it doesn’t matter how many laps you swim, study groups you join, classes you skip or how many sweatshirts you buy - you still feel like crap. Sometimes I just feel like taking off, selling everything I own and running away to somewhere so distant, running away into the unknown.
*mine*

I don’t know what it is, I just cry sometimes. Maybe I’m just so oblivious to the things going on around me that I don’t realize that I’m hurting as much as I am. So when the tears stream down my face and I don’t have anything to say, don’t ask me why I’m crying because I simply don’t know. Just hold me. I want to be held.

I guess I ran away from you. That’s part of what this whole moving to a different city to go to college thing was. I ran away because I just wanted to know if you would follow me. Or at least hold onto me even though I’m not lying next to you every day like I used to. You held on for a little while. And I could see it was causing you pain. I think you assumed that my positivity about us meant that it wasn’t hurting me as much as it was hurting you. But baby, you have no idea how much it hurt me. And imagine that times 10 when you said that we couldn’t be more than friends anymore. Baby, I’m broken here without you. And sure, I tried to fill the gap that you left; we both did. And I tried to date other people, tried to see myself with them. But I couldn’t because every time I thought I could possibly move on, there you were in the back of my head screaming that you knew I still loved you, just like day one. So, baby, I’ll settle. We both know you love me, but it’s okay that you’re not ready to say it or feel it. It’s okay that you’re scared. I’ll wait forever for you because I love you and I need you, darling. We’re going to be crazy great when we’re finally together. You know that, right?
*mine*

I’m giving up; I need you. I can’t forget about you. My heart beats for you and for you alone. I crave to lay with you. I fight the urge to throw my arms around you when I see you. I need you in my life.

You know, a lot of people walk around this world with checklists. I'm not just talking about our to-do lists for the day, I'm talking about our checklists for love. They have to have this kind of hair,  an accent, a certain height, a certain smile. They have to be spontaneous, they have to travel to places like Paris, they have to be rich, they have to be strong and have perfect abs. Where in the world are you going to find an actual person like this? No where. This person only exists in your head. You know the person you really want? It's the person standing right next to you. The one you'd never consider because they don't possess one single item on the checklist. That's the person you want. The zero out of ten. Why? Because they'll drive you crazy, but they'll make everything alright. And it may not be fabulous and exotic, but who wants that all the time anyway? Don't you want to just lay around the house sometimes and watch cartoons? The zero out of ten will do that. The ten out of ten? They're always up to something. So what's on that checklist now?
*mine*

No comments:

Post a Comment